For all the Galangswers to life's questions

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last Call to truly be the last?


I was cruising around Trendhunter when I found this interesting trailer for Last Call, a horror movie from production company 13th Street which allows audience members to participate in the action.

Viewers must first send their numbers to a speed dial database, which can be found on a flyer sent out by 13th Street, and during the movie the database will randomly call an audience member and the fun begins.

Using voice recognition technology, the viewers can tell the character to go left, up, or down stairs. Viewers can coax the protagonist into a dark and dreary area, or work hard to get them to safety. All audience members can hear the protagonist's voice and exasperation over the phone.

This technology has its pros and cons. For pros, it's really fun. As a horror movie fanatic, I know I love screaming at the screen that "OH HELL NO, THIS BITCH GONNA DIE!" and "WHY WOULD YOU GO TO THE DARKEST PART OF THE HOUSE!?" Now, I'll actually feel like some good will be done in the movie.
As for cons, in a movie theatre, we all know we hate people who talk during the movie. I don't know how well this will blow out for people who don't agree with whoever the protagonist is talking with.

For example,
Audience member: Left!
Other audience member: She should've gone right, dickhead!
Audience member: Wanna say that to my face!?

Fight ensues.

Either way, I am still really excited for this. The trailer was released earlier this year but I haven't heard about it in Canada, so I hope this catches on.

No comments:

Post a Comment